How to meet us
If you would like to join us for a trial walk you can meet us at Lees Library. We then travel by car to the starting point.
- 'A' and 'B' Walkers meet at 8-50 am. for 9-00 am start.
- 'C' & 'D' Walkers meet at 9-50 am. for 10-00 am start.
- For the Evening walks we meet at Lees Library at 6-45 or at the venue at 7-00 pm.
Any variations from the above are noted in the programme.
So have look at the programme make your choice and come and join us.
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESSES
- General enquiries. firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send Photos for the Gallery. email@example.com
- Webmaster. firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT EQUIPMENT ?
For ordinary country walking it is not necessary to purchase expensive equipment as though you were about to tackle the north face of the Eiger. However the following notes may prove useful.
- Footwear should be reasonably strong, not too heavy and preferably worn over woollen, rather than cotton socks. A pair of lightweight boots obtainable from any outdoor shop are ideal, they should grip neatly and comfortably round the ankle to prevent the feet moving and causing blisters.
- Clothing should be comfortable and light weight. Due to our inclement climate a waterproof raincoat and trousers are a must. These should protect you from the worst of the weather unless you are walking in the depths of winter, when more specialist clothing is likely to be necessary.
- Sandwiches and a hot drink flask are also essential for our lunch break which is nearly always taken outdoors.
- Finally a rucksack is the best way to carry these loose items as it leaves the hands free.
If you are walking on one of our official walks the leader will be carrying all the necessary maps etc. You should also carry a basic first aid kit with a few self-adhesive dressings and any personal medications you need.Go to top